Mattes & Mahon, PC
Contact Us To Get Started 717-208-2481 // 800-574-5563

Immigration through investment in Pennsylvania

Those who are planning to start a business in the United States may obtain conditional residency status in the country. They may also be able to obtain residency status for their spouses and any unmarried children under the age of 21. To be eligible, an individual must invest $1 million or $500,000 in a targeted employment area. A targeted employment area may be a rural area or a high unemployment area.

An individual who wishes to take part in the program must also create 10 permanent jobs for qualified workers in the United States. To apply to take part in the program, a Form I-526 must be completed and approved. Additionally, there must be an available visa before that person will be admitted into the United States. About 10,000 visas are given out each year to those who are eligible under this arrangement. Any child or spouse who is accompanying the entrepreneur will count toward the number of visas that are given out each year.

Anyone who is living outside of the United States when applying for residency may do so through consular processing. Those who are already in the United States may apply for an adjustment to their residency status. This may be done by filling out Form I-485 after From I-526 has been approved.

Nonresidents who would like to establish residency status through investment may wish to speak with a naturalization attorney. An attorney may be able to guide an individual through the process of submitting paperwork and complying with all citizenship application requirements. This may make it easier for applications to be approved and visas granted in a timely manner, which may allow an entrepreneur to build or expand his or her business more quickly.

Source: US CIS, "Green Card Through Investment", December 09, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us Today

Our clients choose us and stay with us because we are honest about what we can do, and we have built a strong record of successful results. We invite you to learn more about the Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., and to contact us with your immigration law questions.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Mattes & Mahon, PC
132 East Chestnut Street
Lancaster, PA 17602

Toll Free: 800-574-5563
Phone: 717-208-2481
Fax: 717-299-1535
Map & Directions

Make a Payment | Paypal Visa | Matercard | American Express | Discover Network