Mattes & Mahon, PC
Contact Us To Get Started 717-208-2481 // 800-574-5563

P-2 visa available to foreign performers

Artists and entertainers from foreign countries may be eligible to live and work temporarily in Pennsylvania if they meet the requirements of the P-2 visa. The classification applies to individuals entering the United States temporarily for the purpose of performing, either individually or as a member of a group, as part of an exchange program between a United States organization and one in a foreign country.

The exchange program must be recognized by the U.S. government and the applicant must possess skills that are similar to those of the U.S. artists who are traveling to the foreign country to perform. Additionally, the sponsoring organization or employer must file a Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker, Form I-129, on the applicant's behalf.

A number of documents must be filed along with the Form I-129, including a copy of the artist exchange agreement, a statement describing the arrangement and evidence of the skill level of the entering artist. Evidence that a qualified labor organization negotiated or accepted the exchange agreement must be provided as well. Support personnel may also qualify for a P-2 visa if they provide services that a U.S. worker could not readily perform. Stagehands and trainers, for example, may meet the P-2 visa requirements even though they are not performers.

The spouse and minor children of P-2 visa holders may be able to enter the country by obtaining P-4 status. Dependents may attend a school or a college, but they are not allowed to work. Individuals who have questions about the P-2 visa may want to consult an attorney. Legal counsel with experience in immigration law can help evaluate the visa options available based on the facts of a particular case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us Today

Our clients choose us and stay with us because we are honest about what we can do, and we have built a strong record of successful results. We invite you to learn more about the Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., and to contact us with your immigration law questions.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Mattes & Mahon, PC
132 East Chestnut Street
Lancaster, PA 17602

Toll Free: 800-574-5563
Phone: 717-208-2481
Fax: 717-299-1535
Map & Directions

Make a Payment | Paypal Visa | Matercard | American Express | Discover Network