Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish And French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators.

  1. Home
  2.  ~ 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  ~ I-601A Unlawful Presence Waivers

Adjusting Immigration Status Through I-601A Unlawful Presence Waivers

At the Lancaster office of Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., our attorneys help foreign residents who have entered the United States illegally apply for an adjustment to their immigration status through the use of an I-601A unlawful presence waiver. There are a number of requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for this type of waiver, and it is important to have skilled legal help on your side to guide you through this process.

If you or a loved one has entered the U.S. illegally and is seeking help with immigration matters, contact us online today to schedule an initial consultation with our lawyers. We are here to help answer your questions and to explore your options for moving forward.

Helping To Ease The Burden On Immigrants And Families

In general, immigrants who enter the U.S. illegally are prohibited from adjusting their immigration status while residing in the United States. These immigrants must leave the U.S., and then apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Things become even more difficult if an immigrant has been in the U.S. illegally for 180 days or more. In these situations, an immigrant is only eligible to apply for a waiver once they have been deemed inadmissible following an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

The I-601A waiver is designed to help lessen the burden placed on immigrants and their family members. This waiver allows immediate relatives of lawful permanent residents and U.S. citizens to apply for a provisional waiver while still remaining in the United States. When a waiver is approved, an immigrant must return to his or her home country and apply for an immigrant visa. Once a visa has been approved, the foreign resident may then re-enter the U.S. legally.

Contact Our Pennsylvania Law Firm For Help In Family Immigration Matters

If you or a loved one has entered the U.S. illegally, we can help seek an adjustment to immigration status. Contact us online or at 800-574-5563 to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.