Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish And French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators.

  1. Home
  2.  ~ 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  ~ Waivers

Our Lancaster Lawyers Are Skilled With Immigration Waivers

At Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., we regularly help clients in a variety of difficult situations overcome bars of inadmissibility to either remain in the United States or enter the country on a visa. Waivers to grounds of inadmissibility may be difficult to obtain, but consultation with a knowledgeable and informed immigration lawyer can help you discover the options you have in still qualifying for visa extension, adjustment of status, a green card or entry into the U.S.

Our first step is to help you understand Form I-601, which you will need to submit to the U.S. Consulate where you are applying for a visa overseas. Our experienced Lancaster immigration waiver attorneys will help you identify any and all barriers to admissibility and ensure all requirements are achieved after a comprehensive analysis of your particular situation.

Through e-mail and phone contact, we regularly assist clients in foreign countries around the world apply for waivers of grounds of inadmissibility. We also guide our clients through the steps of consular processing.

Contact us today if you or a loved one is considering applying for a waiver. Our Pennsylvania attorneys can guide you with the direction and tools you need at affordable rates, flexible payment plans, and/or flat fees.

Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers

Beginning March 4, 2013, certain immigrant visa applicants who are spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens (immediate relatives) can apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers before they leave the United States. The provisional unlawful presence waiver process allows individuals, who only need a waiver of inadmissibility for unlawful presence, to apply for a waiver in the United States and before they depart for their immigrant visa interviews at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad.

The new process is expected to shorten the time U.S. citizens are separated from their immediate relatives while those family members are obtaining immigrant visas to become lawful permanent residents of the United States.

Under current law, immediate relatives of U.S. citizens who are not eligible to adjust status in the United States must travel abroad and obtain an immigrant visa. Individuals who have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence while in the United States must obtain a waiver of inadmissibility to overcome the unlawful presence bars under section 212(a)(9)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act before they can return to the United States. Under the existing waiver process, which remains in effect, immediate relatives cannot apply for a waiver until after they have appeared for an immigrant visa interview abroad, and a Department of State (DOS) consular officer has determined that they are inadmissible to the United States. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens who are eligible for the new provisional unlawful presence waiver can still choose to apply for a waiver using the existing process by filing a Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, after a DOS consular officer has determined that he or she is inadmissible to the United States.

Contact Our Lancaster Hardship Waiver Attorneys

Whether you or a loved one has been detained, deported or is currently going through the immigrant visa process, we can help you determine whether an immigration waiver or even an appeal might help your case. Contact us today at 800-574-5563. We will help you pursue your best possible option strategically and tactfully.