Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish and French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators

Immigration through investment in Pennsylvania

On Behalf of | Dec 11, 2014 | Citizenship, Firm News |

Those who are planning to start a business in the United States may obtain conditional residency status in the country. They may also be able to obtain residency status for their spouses and any unmarried children under the age of 21. To be eligible, an individual must invest $1 million or $500,000 in a targeted employment area. A targeted employment area may be a rural area or a high unemployment area.

An individual who wishes to take part in the program must also create 10 permanent jobs for qualified workers in the United States. To apply to take part in the program, a Form I-526 must be completed and approved. Additionally, there must be an available visa before that person will be admitted into the United States. About 10,000 visas are given out each year to those who are eligible under this arrangement. Any child or spouse who is accompanying the entrepreneur will count toward the number of visas that are given out each year.

Anyone who is living outside of the United States when applying for residency may do so through consular processing. Those who are already in the United States may apply for an adjustment to their residency status. This may be done by filling out Form I-485 after From I-526 has been approved.

Nonresidents who would like to establish residency status through investment may wish to speak with a naturalization attorney. An attorney may be able to guide an individual through the process of submitting paperwork and complying with all citizenship application requirements. This may make it easier for applications to be approved and visas granted in a timely manner, which may allow an entrepreneur to build or expand his or her business more quickly.

Source: US CIS, “Green Card Through Investment“, December 09, 2014


RSS Feed