Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish and French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators

Can my children join me in the U.S. if I have an employment visa?

On Behalf of | Sep 14, 2020 | Family Immigration |

It can be exciting to get a chance to work in the United States. You will be able to advance your career and earn better money than in your home country. The only thing that might stop you from saying yes to the job offer is your family. You cannot bear the thought of spending months at a time separated from your wife and children.

Fortunately, if you receive one of the 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas offered by the U.S. each year, you can also apply for visas for your spouse and children. You can apply for all your children under 21 years old as long as they are not married. It would be an unmissable opportunity for your children to receive a quality education and further their prospects.

To apply to live in the U.S. with you, your family must fill out forms, pay fees, provide documents and undergo a medical examination. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will make a decision based on their application. Remember, if a family member has a criminal conviction, it may make the UCSIC more likely to turn down their application.  

There is always a high demand for these visas, so it is crucial to get the application right the first time. An immigration attorney who understands how the immigration process works can help your family avoid mistakes. Immigration rules are constantly changing, and the requirements are becoming stricter. It is vital to have up to date information. Getting it wrong will mean that your loved ones will have to reapply, which may not be possible until the following year or beyond.


RSS Feed