Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish And French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators.

  1. Home
  2.  ~ 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  ~ 
  5. Family-Based Immigration
  6.  ~ K-1 Fiancee Visas

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas

Navigating the legal challenges of international relationships can be daunting, especially when bringing your fiancé(e) to the United States. With the help of an immigration lawyer, you and your loved one can be united and allowed to proceed with your marriage plans.

Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., has over 25 years of experience in immigration law. Our team has the knowledge and skills to navigate the nuances of the K-1 visa process. We serve clients in Lancaster and York counties, Pennsylvania.

What Is The K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa?

The K-1 fiancé(e) visa is a nonimmigrant visa designed for American citizens who wish to bring their foreign fiancé(e)s to the United States for marriage. This visa allows the foreign fiancé(e) to enter the United States legally and reside with their American partner.

Upon approval, the foreign fiancé(e) receives the K-1 visa, allowing them to travel to the United States. Once in the U.S., the couple has 90 days to get married. After the marriage, the foreign spouse can apply for an adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States.

Key Requirements And Process

To apply for a K-1 visa, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for both the petitioner (the U.S. citizen) and the beneficiary (their intended spouse). These include:

  • Evidence of a genuine relationship, including submitting documentation such as photographs, correspondence and evidence of in-person meetings within the past two years.
  • Both parties must genuinely intend to marry within 90 days of the foreign fiancé(e)’s arrival in the United States.
  • The petitioner must demonstrate the ability to support the fiancé(e) financially without government assistance.

Once the initial petition is approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the process has further steps, such as medical examinations, visa interviews and background checks, before the visa is issued.

Let Us Help You With Your K-1 Visa

At Law Office of Troy J. Mattes, P.C., we keep our costs down by offering reasonable fees and flexible plans. Call 717-208-2481 or toll free at 800-574-5563 to arrange a consultation with our Pennsylvania attorneys. You can also reach us online by filling out our contact form.