Our Staff Is Fluent In Spanish and French. We Also Have Easy Access To Other Translators

How to get a work visa to come to the U.S.

On Behalf of | Oct 13, 2021 | Employment Immigration |

If you or a family member would like to come to the U.S. to work, you have options. The United States issues both temporary and permanent visas. You can file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to stay in the U.S. for job-related purposes.

Learn more about how to obtain a work visa. This temporary document allows you to enter the U.S. for work. You have to leave the country or apply for an extension before the end date.

Application process

You must start the process with an offer from a U.S. employer. The employer obtains and files a petition with the USCIS (Form I-129) for you. You can apply for a visa after a petition approval. You will need to complete an online nonimmigrant visa application (Form DS-160) and upload a photograph.

Gather information

The USCIS will schedule an interview near your location during the visa process. Bring the following important items to the interview:

  • A passport that expires more than six months after you plan to leave the U.S.
  • Form DS-160 confirmation page
  • Receipt of application payment (if required)
  • Photograph
  • Approved petition receipt

You might also have to bring extra documents. Read all letters from the USCIS carefully so you have what you need. You can also have someone you trust work with immigration on your behalf.

After the interview, the consular officer decides if you qualify and which visa is appropriate. You will then take digital fingerprints and pay any fees.

You can request an extension beyond the end date on your visa. You must leave when the visa date specifies. Failure to leave can prevent your future visa eligibility.


RSS Feed